Microblading Pre and Post Care
● Skin must be healthy and hydrated for best results, please drink plenty of water leading up to your procedure.
● Avoid working out or strenuous activity 24 hours before your appointment.
● Do not tan or have a sunburned face, best results if you avoid suntanning for 4 weeks prior to appointment.
● Stop Retinol 7+ days before the procedure.
● Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, or Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
● Do not take Vitamin E or Fish Oil 7+ days before procedure.
● No alcohol or caffeine 24-48 hours before the procedure.
● Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
● No tweezing/waxing at least 3 days before procedure; electrolysis no less than five days before. Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least two weeks.
● Eyebrow tinting should be done no sooner 3 days before, or 4 weeks after the procedure.
● Do not receive Botox or injections 2 weeks before or after the procedure.
● NO water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 10 days, unless given by your artist. This is an estimated time frame, should you heal slower then please avoid all the above listed items until all flakes have completely come off and the treated area is smooth.
● No tanning for 4 weeks after, and please be sure to wear a 30+ SPF daily after all healing is complete (usually 3-4 weeks after). Wear a hat and sunglasses if you’re in the sun before healing is complete.
● Specific aftercare will be given to you and explained at your appointment.
● DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking your scabs can cause scarring and will remove the pigment.
● Avoid hot and sweaty activity for the first 10 days. Sweating can blur the strokes and also cause them to fade.
● NO facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
● DO NOT let water touch your eyebrows when showering or washing your hair.
● Use a zinc or titanium dioxide based sunscreen after initial healing (usually starting 2-3 weeks after the procedure), sun exposure will fade your cosmetic tattoo.
● If you are planning a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician/your care provider of your cosmetic tattoo.
● The use of Retin-A/Tretinoin, chemical peels and acid peels or any other rapid skin exfoliation products used on the forehead area will cause the cosmetic tattoo of the eyebrow area to fade prematurely. Please avoid using these products on the forehead as product migration does occur.
●Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
● Avoid swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
● DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let it naturally exfoliate off. Picking your scabs can cause scarring & will remove the pigment.
● Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
After the flakes come off you may notice a loss of color, or faded color. This is normal. The color usually will darken day by day after initial flaking.
● Color will typically fade between 10-30% from initial look. This is a 2 step procedure, at the touch up we implant more color to achieve the final result.
● Please be aware swelling and redness during or after the procedure is sometimes a side effect. You should make plans accordingly. Not everyone will swell, but please be aware it is possible. Do not use ice packs on procedure area.
● You may notice the brows have a warm or reddish undertone, this is part of the skin healing process and it will dissipate as the brows heal.